Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Populating title block with Material and Weight

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@BenBroad wrote:

Having creating a new part, I added some simple geometry and assigned a material to the body, saved the part and then created a new master model drawing (from my modified drawing template).   On saving the drawing the note updated to reflect the values from the model part.

Regards, Ben

@BenBroad How many decimal places by default?  and can this be controlled?  I'd test it, but attribute mapping has not been imported yet.

Default was <WRef6*0@Mass>, does the 6 control the decimal places, like in other places?

-Dave
NX 11 testing NX1847+ | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

Hi @DaveK,

It occurred to me today that you might ask this...

Currently the only way to control the decimal places is to use a tabular note to display the values.  Use "Edit Text" and then the Relationships option to point to the Part Attribute and then use "Settings" to change the Cell Category to Number and then you can edit the Decimal Places.

ER 7607101: "Unable to control the precision of Attribute Template values"

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

"Currently the only way to control the decimal places is to use a tabular note to display the values.  Use "Edit Text" and then the Relationships option to point to the Part Attribute and then use "Settings" to change the Cell Category to Number and then you can edit the Decimal Places"

This is what I had to do too which was ok since our notes (where the attribute is shown) is a tabular note list anyway.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I am developing a deep hate for attribute mapping from the model to a drawing format.

Why do they sometimes decide to just not work?  I have a material assigned to the model, I can see NX_Material in the properties, along the density, mass, weight, etc.

When I go to the drawing format, I only get the attribute names?  what am I missing here?

MaterialBlock.JPG

-Dave

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"I am developing a deep hate for attribute mapping from the model to a drawing format."

Welcome to the club.

Builder
Builder

Hello Dave,

I was trying to map mass/volume/material to an custom attribute on custom item type Item revision. 

In you case, it will be cgr4_Mass on CGR4_Item. I don't intend to map it to drawing.

So I create a model which is CGR4_Item type, give it geometry, assign a material, e.g. ABS. Then mass, density, volume, material will be there.  Now I know mass will map to UGPART-MASSPR form. But I want the mass mapped to cgr4_mass on the item revision. 

I tried 

"MassPropMass": ItemRevision.CGR4_Mass /master=iman /description="mass"

Not working...

Because Mass is owned by NX, that is not database attribute., I assume this way.

Do you have any idea how can I map mass generated from NX to a mass attribute on an item revision?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Mapping back to Teamcenter to display with the Item is in our future, right  now I don't have an answer, but I have been following this thread:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/Need-help-mapping-NX...

-Dave

Builder
Builder

Thanks for the info. Mapping back to Teamcenter, add prefix NX_. like NX_Material : Itemrevision.CRG4_material.