Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position column in Assembly Navigator

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Community,

i have a doubt that in assembly navigator there is a column called posion which indicated the constrain status of component in assembly..but in an assembly i found that there is insteda of that i found blue circle which status that partially mated and fully mated... i don't know whta is partially and fully mated and please help me that what it stats and why it is used and what is the use...and also for those components if i am trying to apply constraints it is giving the error as shown below so..please tell me about those...

3 REPLIES

Re: Position column in Assembly Navigator

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @GOLI,

Icons in position column will update according to the DOF of each component. Black icons represent assembly constraints whereas light blue icons represent mating conditions.

Refer documentation link Assembly Navigator columns for more information about different icons displayed in the position column of the ASN.

NX is showing the correct message that the assembly contains both assembly constraints as well as mating conditions(legacy). Assembly constraints were introduced in back in NX 5 and mating conditions were existed with assembly constraints till NX 7. Before adding the assembly constraints, you should convert the mating conditions to assembly constraints by command

Menu > Assemblies > Component Position > Convert Mating conditions.

You can view the mating conditions that are present in the assemby by command

Menu > Information > Assemblies > Mating Conditions.

Just to add, there is a customer default setting for the conversion of mating  conditions upon part load.  Toggle on it if you deal with assemblies that contains legacy mating conditions.

mating.PNG

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thanks for your kind information

but i know the things what you are explained but my intention is how to create the mating constraints in nx assembly instead of assembly constraints.. what is the difference and when we can use this mating constraints...

thanks in advance

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @GOLI,

You can not create mating conditions if using the NX 7.5+ version. In mating conditions there is 'from-to' relationship that means one component is considered as parent and other one as child whereas in assembly constraints there is 'between' relationship and there is no parent-child. This gives the more flexibility that helps to edit and change the relationships.