Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print drawings with different line thickness

Phenom
Phenom

I would like to print my drawings as per defined line thicknesses in the drawings. Currently Visible, Hidden and dimension lines are printed in the same thickness, NOT as same as seen on the screen.

How could I control it?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

7 REPLIES

Re: Print drawings with different line thickness

Legend
Legend
It's odd. When I print mine, thickness are as they are displayed, both in NX8.5 and 10. May be some printer related settings?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Since I couldn't post yesterday...

Just to clarify - Are you using "Print" or "Plot"

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

In this office, everybody use "Print".

Plotter is rarely beeing used on special request only.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Note you can use the plotting module to plot to printers.  I have around 100 devices configured in the plotting setup, and maybe 10 (if that) are actually "plotters" (the rest are plain old A/B size printers).

Granted, you need to set them up, but you can put that setup on a network drive and have everyone share it.

Phenom
Phenom

What is the benifit to have two separate commands to produce one kind of a result; a hard copy?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Plotting is legacy (dating back to the days when only real plotters could plot).

Now, most "printers" can take HPGL (directly or via PCL) or Postscript, so they can function as plotters.

Printing is newer (I forget, but I think it was around NX4 or so that "File -> Print" was added to the menu).

Plotting can do some things (I think) printing can't (banners, more control over specific details).  So us "old timers" tend to know how to set them up & (sometimes) prefer to use them.

Ken

Phenom
Phenom

As I said somewhere before, I find in NX there are Old Method, New method, a special method and a Hybrid method to get the same kind of work done. Such as Extrusion, Hole, Screws, Print etc. Some may think this is the power of NX, but it’s giving a very hard time to newcomers who has to face tighter deadlines. More than designing work, need to spend time on configuring and administrative work which makes the transition from other software very difficult. Probably this is a big chunk of infamous learning curve involved in NX.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW