Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using sketch in my drafting view. (using NX 10.0.3.5)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I encountered some problems when I want to use some sketch (by activating sketch) in my drawing view.

I'm currently working in a master model mode for drawing and I need to create a sketch in a drawing view and I would like to constraint -make colinear)  my sketch  line to a CSYS axis which are create in the part belonging to the the drawing assembly; And I'm not able to select the CSYS axis or the CSYS.

I did the same exercise with a drawing include in the part and it's possible so I don't understand and try to find a solution

Can you help me on this topic?

Thanks and regards

V.

5 REPLIES

Re: Problem using sketch in my drafting view. (using NX 10.0.3.5)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Can you try using the ENTIRE ASSEMBLY option (if available)?

entire.jpg

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Pepilops,

You need to consider the 'Sketch restrictions in Drafting'.

"In the sketch task environment, you cannot directly reference objects in other parts (be it modeling sketch or a drafting sketch). If you work in a master model configuration, the drawing is in one part and the underlying model is in another part. So the sketches cannot reference these curves. However, if you create a drafting view with extracted edges, a copy of the model geometry is created in the drawing part and the sketch can reference these copied curves."

With respect to the above point and your requirement, you can wave link the Datums from the master model part to the drawing part, so that datums can be referenced in the drafting sketches.

Also note that, when you initiate 'Geometric Constraints' dialog. selection filter have only two options 'Within Work Part Only' and 'Within Active Sketch Only'.

sketchcsys.png

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Ganesh for your answer.

I have just a concern because when I did wave link of datums in the drawing assembly (that I included in the right layer), I didn't see the datum in my view (even if I display the good layer in the view)

Do you know why?

Thanks and regards.

V.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

When placing a base drafting view, NX will, by default, pick a view from the master model rather than the drawing. If you want to use a view from the drawing, make sure the drawing file is selected when placing the base view.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much...