cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Edge blend at the bottom surface

Creator
Creator

Hello colleagues,

I've spent the hole day trying to make the radius 9mm at the bottom. I understand the reason of the problem but I have no idea how to handle it. Would you please help with it? It's important to keep profile of pointed island.

02.10.png

14 REPLIES

Re: Problem with Edge blend at the bottom surface

Experimenter
Experimenter

Two separate blends with a stop short of corner - fancy variational sweep in-between?

blend.PNG

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Firstly I would try and get the blend to run all the way round. Would recommed reblending the top of the pad so it does not stop but rolls over the edge. This should then enable the other blend to roll over and around.

If you cannot find a way to use just blend commends then starting from the image below, create some Curve on Surfaces tangent to the blend stop points to define the boundary of the surface you need then use the Fill Surface command.

Steve V

Phenom
Phenom

How is the part machanically realized?

Creator
Creator
We did it on universal machine without 3D model with a lot of benchwork after =)

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao Lassetti,

I asked you how it was made because, in my opinion, if it is make with a milling machine the phases are those I show you in the attached image.
A frequent mistake is to make the blend after a subtraction, but a machine tool never adds material!!

MACHINING.jpg

Creator
Creator

Ciao Cesare,

Thanks for your explanation. I totally agree with you. It works in normal way. But check this width below. If I use your method, I will have 3,5 mm width. But I have 3mm width on the drawing.04.10.png

Phenom
Phenom

Ciao Lassetti,

the problem is easily resolved in this way:

machining1.jpg

Creator
Creator

Ciao Cesare,

You are right. But there are too many steps to get such profile. I'm looking for easier way to get it.

02.10.png

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

"You are right. But there are too many steps to get such profile. I'm looking for easier way to get it."

Have you considered a career as a manager?