Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Progressive Die Wizard (PDW)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Progressive Die Wizard (PDW) in NX 10. When I create a new die base (like on the linked video), each assemblies of die are under the prj_db_055 in prj_die_003.

My question is what can I do, to assemblies appear in the general folder without lost any relations between each die assemblies. (I know, that what I am doing in the video is a wrong waySmiley Happy), just after initializing new project, what mean in the new clear template.

Best regards,

Jack1

6 REPLIES

Re: Problem with Progressive Die Wizard (PDW)

Creator
Creator

Hi Jack,

What you can try is to "cheat" PDW so it believes that your TOP is your die base subassembly, not prj_diebase_002.

To do so, you need to find the attributes that "define" a component as a diebase top. I don't have a PDW license so I can't tell you which one, but it should be fairly easy to find them. You can go to prj_diebase_002 and check its attributes. Cut those attributes that defines it as a diebase top, and paste them into your prj_control_000. In this case, PDW will believe that prj_control_000 is your "diebase top" and the die base you insert will go under your prj_control_000.

Let me know if it works. Feel free to give me a screen shot of attributes you could find if you're not sure.

Owen

Phenom
Phenom

If you are using a Design Package, then you should follow its rules and methodology. There is a reason for that madness.

When you gather more knowledge and experience, then you may try new things. But at the beginning I would highly recommend sticking to its method and follow the rules. Learn them first so that you could break them properly.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Owen,

Could you check this problem and solve it personally?

I send the screenshot of my structure and I'm not sure about which attibutes I must change.

If you can do this, I can provide you licence on PDW.

Best regards,

Jack1

Creator
Creator

Hi Jack,

Could you upload your assembly so that I can open and check attributes?

Thanks

Owen

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello, 

I want, that my finish assembly based on the regular template. I upload this one, because I 

would like create structure like in upload file N6300G. 

I mainly mean, that in my regular template will be show "UPPER", "LOWER", "STRIPPER"...

on the top of my assembly.

Thank for help Smiley Happy

Best regards,

Jack

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Your structure is not recommended. IR 8926385 Closed (Desc: Parent level of Die Base in PDW). From the developper: "We normally do not suggest user to put any new design directly under PDW_CONTROL level,  this is not good practice."

This is the maximum:

die1.jpg

Some functions will not work as designed with this structure.

We wrote an email to Lukasz, 7/7/2017 about this topic.

Attila Szepesi, Application Engineer, graphIT Ltd.
Production: NX11.0.2 | TcUA 11.2 MP2 Patch 1 (11.2.2.1)
Development: VB.NET Testing: NX12.0