Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with model

Pioneer
Pioneer

We have a problem that we are having issues trying to get past. I have a large assembly with hundreds of components and one of the die shoes is slow to open and save so I did a part cleanup on it. once we do this the file will not save, it throws a "attempted to save file with a bad pointer" or something along those lines.

Could someone who has experianced this error point me where to look for the problem

Thanks,

Brian Marchand-Die Designer
http://www.armotool.com/
NX 9.0.3.4 / PDW
Dell Precision T7610 w/Xeon ES-2609
16G Ram - Nvidia Quadro K5000
Win 7 Pro x64
5 REPLIES

Re: Problem with model

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It sounds like the file contains some corrupt geometry or a bad feature.

Open the file with the issue.

Then, run Analysis -> Examine Geometry.

Set ALL checks, then Window select the part file.

Click the Examine Geometry button.

Any check that results in a 'Highlight Result' checkbox is a potential problem.

Resolve the errors you find, then try saving the file by itself.

If you still have issues, I suggest contacting GTAC so they can further analysis the file.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I agree with Ron, but usually mine comes back with no errors. I have to close and reopen NX to get rid of the error. Then the file saves fine. NX8.5.3

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

This is how i handle situations like this.

After you have experienced the case as described.
  Close all parts and NXsession ( It might be the software that has crashed and not the files.)

Open NX and load the assembly structure only. Part cleanup. Save.
 If this is successful, load lower half of assembly navigator, part cleanup, save.

If this isn't success, restart NX load structure only then load upper half of assembly navigator, part cleanup save. Then load 1/4 of the remaining components etc etc.

This way i try to find the erratic component by to reduce/ isolate the amount of components that might contain the error.

Another trick, make sure that you load all components fully before you run the part cleanup.

( untick the "partial loading " option or use "load fully" in the ANT.)

If there are wave links in the assembly, I use the Edit - Feature- Playback, it seems to update features "deeper" than other methods.

Regards,

Tomas

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the suggestions, In this case I know exactly which part in the assembly it is, have tried examine geometry and fixed the problems it says, but still won't save after a part clean up

Madfe sure all were fully loaded first

I will try playing back the features, then a part cleanup to see if that helps

Brian

Brian Marchand-Die Designer
http://www.armotool.com/
NX 9.0.3.4 / PDW
Dell Precision T7610 w/Xeon ES-2609
16G Ram - Nvidia Quadro K5000
Win 7 Pro x64

Experimenter
Experimenter

I too got this error and was not able to save the file for couple of days.
I could get around this problem by just...

I cloned the assembly and in that i did not change anything else other than the assembly file.
it took almost three hours to do this. After that I opened the new cloned assembly and it has same parts in it but it is saving

Clone assembly
Change the name of the assembly only and retain all others
and open the new assembly.
try saving it. It worked for me, hope it works for you as well. You can also take some support from Dell Precision T7610 Manual to overcome this error.