Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with text formatting in drawings

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

How can I set the number of all decimal digits in the output of attributes of type number as text on drawings in NX 8.5?

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES

Re: Problem with text formatting in drawings

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Switch to the modeling application and start the expression editor. Change the "listed expressions" filter to "attribute expressions"; do you see your part attribute in the list?

Yes:

Excellent! close the expression editor and switch to the drafting application.

No:

Bummer, we'll have to force it to show up here. This is not difficult, but is a required step for NX 8.5 users (it appears not to be necessary in NX 9). Create a new expression, the name and type don't really matter as we won't be saving it. For the formula, choose "part attribute" and choose the part attribute of interest. Your part attribute expression should now show up in the list of "attribute expressions". Cancel the expression editor and switch to drafting.

In the Drafting application:

Start the "note" editor, expand the "symbols" section of the dialog, choose the "relationships" category, and use the "insert expression" option (NOT the insert part attribute option as may be expected). Choose the attribute expression from the list and change the format option before pressing OK. The format defaults to something like "0.2"; the number after the decimal place indicates how many decimal places will be shown in the note.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, that's a solution that is acceptable. We wanted from the routing BOM insert the lengths of Stocking with automatic balloons in the drawing.  But with 10 decimal digits is not good.

Thank you

Creator
Creator

I have tried this in NX 9.0.2 and have been unsuccessful using the "No" path of instructions.

In my part I have an expression called TEST with a number attribute linking to it, also called TEST.  I then have, in my drawing, an attribute called DB_DWG_TEMPLATE_TEST.  I linked this to an expression and then linked the expression to a cell in my tabular note and nothing appears on the drawing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt