Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using Hole Callout feature.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all! I am a student and new to NX completely, but have been using it for an internship. My only reference for CAD so far is Solidworks and AutoCAD. Anyway, I have I been tasked to take model files and create drawing with them. Everything was going smoothly until I wasn't able to use my hole callout feature anymore. Selection filters are set to none and entire assembly, also I right clicked on the part in Assembly Navigator and chose Replace Reference Set > Entire Part. This worked for me on another drawing but not this one. The strange thing is I was able to use the hole callout on the same part, on a hole right next to the one I am attempting to callout.

I am looking for help to solve this immidiate problem, as well as advice on how to avoid it in the future. 

4 REPLIES

Re: Problems using Hole Callout feature.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There are some problems with hole callout, it doesnt work for holes made in assemblies to promoted bodies and it doesnt work for holes made to cylindrical surfaces. If the hole feature has some errors though the feature create the geometry it doesnt work the hole callout but this is logic I think. If you have none of these situations maybe the component is not fully loaded

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I think there also was/is an issue with patterned holes. If I remember correctly, you could use the hole callout on the master hole feature, but not the patterned holes.

Phenom
Phenom

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Cowski,

Use variational for method, not simple. then you can pick any hole in the pattern. Don't know why Siemens did that but that is the way it is developed.