Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Template Studio in NX launched via Teamcenter

Genius
Genius

Anyone knows or point me to documentation on how to set Product Template Studio (PTS) in Teamcenter11, to be used in NX11 managed mode?

In NX 11, PTS application is within NX, need to launch NX. So we would like to use PTS Author (and parts created using PTS) in NX when launched via Teamcenter.

4 REPLIES

Re: Product Template Studio in NX launched via Teamcenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Mak_Jo,

Anyone knows or point me to documentation on how to set Product Template Studio (PTS) in Teamcenter11, to be used in NX11 managed mode?

Unless I'm not understanding your question, it looks like you already answered your question below. You launch PTS from within an NX managed session: File > All Application > PTS Author.

In NX 11, PTS application is within NX, need to launch NX. So we would like to use PTS Author (and parts created using PTS) in NX when launched via Teamcenter.

The parts that have been touched by PTS remain saved in the database, they just become Reusable Components that are typically managed using the Reuse Library.  Is this perhaps a license question?  Can you give us any more information?

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

Thanks Ben for your reply and apologies for not making my question clear enough.

I understod from your reply that I do not need to do any extra setup/configuration/installation in Teamcenter to use PTS in NX managed mode.

Steps

1) Setup TC and NX as usual

2) Start PTS from NX

3) Create parts in PTS

4) Parts gets saved in TC database

5) Reuse parts using the Reuse Library

Is my understanding correct?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Mak_Jo,

Your understanding is correct.

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

Thank you Ben for video, much appreciated!