Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected distance

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there a analisys method to obtain the minimum distance between two poins projected on a plane? I can have the distance projected on a vector with proyected distance, but not on a plane.

4 REPLIES

Re: Projected distance

Phenom
Phenom

Screen is a plane! Orient the plane to screen and use Screen Distance.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Michael! I swear I had tried screen distance but the first time I did it changed the first point I had selected when I was selecting the second. I was probably doing something wrong. Now it had worked properly.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have found the same problem again. Trying to use screen distance with one part that is a imported step with a lot of surfaces, when I select the second point, the program changes the first point. So the problem may be with this part. ¿Maybe different units? Has anyone have this problem?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

A couple of options to try:

• Orient the WCS so that one of the planes is parallel to the plane you are interested in. In the measure distance command, turn on the "show information window" option; when the measurement is taken, it will list the "XY", "YZ", and "XZ" distances.
  • Use the "project curve" command to project the points to the plane of interest. Use the measure distance command on the projected points.