Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting a Curve

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello,

In NX 11, what is the best way project a curve from one part and add it to a second part, into a Sketch?

I have two holes but I need to project either their circles or points as a reference in the second part to be able to create two pins.

It just a setting or a function to allow 3D Wireframe to be copied into another part within a Sketch?

Two parts.PNG

Thanks,

Jason

3 REPLIES

Re: Projecting a Curve

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Do you want the resulting curves or points to be associative to the position of the holes in the other part? If so, you can wave link some geometry from one part to the other.

If you do not need the associativity, you can make your new part the current work part and then use "extract edge curve" or create points on the holes as needed. The new curves/points will be created in your new part.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Like @cowski1 discrubed you can project curves with or without wave link.

When working in content of an assembly you need to make sure that the selection scope is on Entire Assembly.

This needs to be set so you can select curves, faces, edges, etc from parts in the assembly.

In the movie you see how you can project curves into a sketch from edges of a part. First options is without wave link the second is with wave link

(view in My Videos)

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Thanks Ruud and Cowski1, this is great information. Thanks for taking the time to create the video.

Thanks,

Jason