cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projection method

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I suspect this will be a very simple question but I cannot find any information anywhere on how to do it: I wish to be able to change the projection angle in drafting mode between first- and third-angle, but I can't find a setting for it; I saw a forum help topic which showed the setting in a 'Sheet' window, but I don't know how to access it. Can anyone help?

Screenshot of the settings window I need is in the topic linked here: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/siemensplm/attachments/siemensplm/NXDesignForum/9312/1/...

Thanks,

Alex

6 REPLIES

Re: Projection method

Genius
Genius

I solved the issue by double-clicking on 'Sheet' in Part Navigator to display Sheet settings. However, I was unable to actually change the projection angle.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

i may be wrong but I guess we cannot change the projection angle of the sheet once it has been created. 

Best Regards

Kapil

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I believe the projection angle cannot be changed once views are placed on the sheet

It could be you can have ONE view, but not any projected views.

If you delete all the views, you should be able to change the projection angle

Or I might be wrong...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

Yes, this is correct - I had to delete all my lovingly-created drawing views, dimensions, annotations etc! This is one area in which I think NX could learn from SolidWorks

Phenom
Phenom

If you move the projected views to the other side of the parent view doesnt 1st angle become 3rd?

Genius
Genius
Well, the views would become the ones I want, but I think they would technically remain 1st angle as the layout would have the parent view on the top right of the sheet rather than bottom left.