cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick way to now if there is a later revision of all components of an assembly in NX managed by TC

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there a way to do that working in precise assemblies? I dont want to charge the latest revision for all components just check if there is later revision that the ones currently being used in that assembly so I can decide if replace or not.

6 REPLIES

Re: Quick way to now if there is a later revision of all components of an assembly in NX managed by

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can use the Structure Manager in Teamcenter and bring up both BOMs and run a compare.

Scott

Re: Quick way to now if there is a later revision of all components of an assembly in NX managed by

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you Scott. I have one BOM in precise from the product I want to compare. How can I find a similar structure with the last revisions to compare to?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You would need to do this in Teamcenter in Structure Manager. You can bring up two BOMs, once configured precise and the other with lastest working and then run the compare on them.

Scott

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You could use Visual Reporting. There is an OOTB report called Has Higher Revision that will highlight any components or sub assemblies that have a later revision.

Mike

NX 10 TC11.2
www.astonmartin.com

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

like @mhyde2 is telling. Use Visual reporting in NX.

Is from NX9.0.3 and higher available with some default checks.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you all. I have never used visual reporting. I thing it is a great tool.