Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radial dimension positioning

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

Nx Version : 11.0

Sorry, I could not able to upload the Nx 3D model file.

I am facing problem with measuring the radial clearance dimension between 2 circular parts (in a single component have concentric cylindrical faces).

If the radial clearance between the 2 concentric cylindrical faces in a component or between the 2 concentric cylindrical faces in two different parts in a assembly while measuring the individual radius measurement and after subtract I am getting 5.00 mm. But If I am directing measuring by using the `Distance’ measurement between the 2 radial faces I am getting the nearest value to 5.00 mm i.e, 5.1786 mm. The concentricity between the 2 faces checked and found accurate i.e., C/C to both faces is 0.00000 mm

Everytime I cannot measure the 2 radial dimensions and I cannot subtract. So I tried to make some standard methodology and i have checked with Projected distance with following trials.

• Projected distance with X / Y / Z applicable axis as Vector,
  • Projected distance both the cylindrical faces as Vector (Selected individually),
  • Projected distance with all / various distance options like `Minimum’ and `Maximum’.
  • Projected distance with all possible `Alternate Solutions’
  • Again cross checked for center offset i.e., ensured the concentricity of the faces.

But I could not able to get the correct dimension directly. Anyone can help me to get out from this hurdle.

Thanks in advance.

Sekar

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Radial dimension positioning

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Sekar,

Not sure I understood.... Could you please create a simplified model and upload? Note that you have to zip it first and then upload the zip-file.

Best Regards

Fred

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Fred

Sorry

I cannot upload the original model, I tried to make a simple model, but there is no issue and this issue is not occuring in all places.

Siemens Phenom

Hi Sekars,

As this seems to be not occuring every time and you cant recreate the problem in a neutral model that would be possible for the community to assess I would urge you to report the problem to GTAC for further assessment.

Best Regards

Fred

Radial clearance dimension measurement error

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello 

Anyone please explain how to report the problem to GTAC.

thanks in advance

Re: Radial clearance dimension measurement error

Siemens Phenom

Hi @Sekars,

Please refer page Product Support - Contact GTAC and use Create or Update a Support Ticket link to create an IR.

Regards,
Ganesh Kadole
#IngenuityIsNX | NX - What's New