cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-attach constraints with errors

Legend
Legend

Hi,

I'm not an only NX user, so there are solution in other CAD useful that I would like to be present to NX also.

This solution is already present on Draft feature.

previous state.png

The problem is when we need to reattach constraints with error where it's impossible to understand which face / sequences must be done to reattach well.

The case when parts are replaced. For example a pin with two 'center' constraints on a slot where one whit axis and other with faces. Or parts with two touch, one with axis and the other with face.

I would like that NX show 'previous faces' to understand better the previous state.

This will be a must into NX.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

3 REPLIES

Re: Re-attach constraints with errors

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @cubalibre00,

This has already been requested, per ER 6426242: "Ability to map constraints when replacing components".

Regards, Ben

Legend
Legend

Hi @BenBroad,

I didn't open this ER, then I'm not sure at 100% if my request is equal to this ER. Anyway, I will request to be added.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
The ER is one of our more detailed ones and requests a split screen, similar to other mapping techniques, such that the user can see how the constraints were originally applied on one screen and allow the constraints to be reapplied in the adjacent screen.