Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-edit Realize Shape

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I just created a form with Realize Shape and clicked Finish. I want to change something, but when I double click it - I cannot select any vertices, edges or faces - only the whole body. What gives?

4 REPLIES

Re: Re-edit Realize Shape

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @SRLSR,

When you enter the NX Realize Shape environment, what is your selection filter set to?

Screenshot - 1_24_2018 , 7_19_45 AM.png

I suspect it might be set to Control Cage.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Make sure you are picking the Subdivision Body feature to edit an exisitng NX Realize Shape body. When I double click on it, I go right into the transform cage command. 

Realize.png

Scott

Phenom
Phenom
If you clicked finish, you probably exited the NX Realize Shape environment (module or whatever you wish to call it) and are now back in NX Modeling (look at the top of your NX window for confirmation). Double clicking a subdivision body should take you into NX Realize Shape environment to the transform cage command as already stated.

Realize Shape doesn't have features like modeling. You make changes "on the fly" and the result is a "dumb solid" of sorts without the Realize Shape history - that I am aware.
-Tim

Pioneer
Pioneer

It was this. Other models could be edited. It drove me crazy, but this helped. Smiley Happy Thanks.