Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Realize Shape on any body?

I've seen demos of ANSA morphing any solid/sheet body you import into it, which looks similar to what Realize Shape does, except the Realize Shape demos always start with a primitive.

My question, are you restricted to a primitive as a starting point?  what we would like is to use Realize Shape to make variations of existing parts for CAE/CFD testing.

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1
4 REPLIES

Re: Realize Shape on any body?

Dave, I quickly created two sheet bodies and then start NX Realize Shape. I need to extract the edges to polylines in NX Realize Shape. I created a new NX Realize Shape between them using loft and then did a transfrom on this flat surface. I have attached the file in NX 11 that I created. 

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks Scott.  Presently I lack a license for Realize, but looking at the file I get the basic idea.  The nice thing about ANSA, is that it will take any existing solid body, say an entire exhaust system, and within minutes you can morph it into a different shape, with no recreation of the body, just pulling on nodes.

-Dave

Hi Dave,

I am attaching a short video herewith. Do you have something simmilar in mind? I am modifying the actual /imported body (didn't create any primitive as such).

(view in My Videos)

This is the demo one of our guys put together to show our sales/support rep.  It's a bit long, but goes thru the process from the import into ANSA, to the morphed part.

(view in My Videos)

-Dave