Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring problem of zoom, pan, & right click

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Howdy everyone!

As the title says, I (its not limited to my system, even many of our customers face this from time to time) get a repeating problem of mouse functions.

- Zooming in & out doesn't work.

- When I hold Shift+MB2, the cursor changes into this & doesn't let me pan around.mouse.JPG

- And MB3 (right-click) also doesn't work.

If anyone of you have experienced this problem before or have any solution to this, please let me know. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out what's causing the problem, but I haven't figured out yet.

PS: The only fix is to restart NX.

Regards,

Paras Raina
Sr. Application Engineer | Solid Edge ST10 | NX 11
MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
10 REPLIES

Re: Recurring problem of zoom, pan, & right click

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Paras_R,

How often does this occur?

Are you using the standard Microsoft mouse driver software, or some other 3rd party driver like Logitech?  If so, uninstall the 3rd party driver and use the Microsoft driver to see if the problem persists.

Do you have a spaceball attached (or any other 3D mouse)?  If so, disconnect it, uninstall the drivers and see if the problem persists.

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Genius

Hi @BenBroad

It just occurs randomly. Sometimes two or three times, sometimes not even once in a week.

I'm using a logitech mouse but standard microsoft drivers (haven't installed any new drivers). Even if I disconnect my mouse, I can't navigate with the trackpad (laptop).

And I don't have any 3D mouse attached.

This problem also fixes up automatically btw, after 30 mins or so. To fix it myself, the only way for me is to restart NX.

One of our customer also faces this issue, & I just felt I might not be alone.

Paras Raina

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Have you looked in the syslog to see if anything is reported?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @Paras_R,

One of our customer also faces this issue, & I just felt I might not be alone.

Some questions for your consideration:

• Is your customer using the same laptop as you?  Are there any other similarities?
  • Are you both using the same version of NX?
  • Which command(s) were you using when this happened.  If you can't recall, make a note of it the next time it happens and ask your customer to do the same.
  • Did you have any dialogs open when this occurred?  If not, check to see if one was pushed behind the session by hitting the F3 key.  Was the information window displayed?
  • Was the NX 'busy' icon active (bottom right of session)?

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Genius

Hi @BenBroad

Thanks for the help. Let me just answer your questions first.

• Is your customer using the same laptop as you?  Are there any other similarities? - They are usig NX on a desktop (They also have the same mouse as mine. But I can't just digest the fact that a mouse can cause a problem like this.)
  • Are you both using the same version of NX? - No, I'm on NX 11.0.2 MP4 while they don't have any MP installed as of now.
  • Which command(s) were you using when this happened.  If you can't recall, make a note of it the next time it happens and ask your customer to do the same. - This has occurred multiple times as I said earlier. Last time this came up when I was about done with a 'Through Points' Surface. When working on the customer's system, this occurred during extrude function.
  • Did you have any dialogs open when this occurred?  If not, check to see if one was pushed behind the session by hitting the F3 key.  Was the information window displayed? Possibly, no. because I could rotate the model with MB2 & make the selections just fine.
  • Was the NX 'busy' icon active (bottom right of session)? I'm not sure with this one. When this problem occurred, I tried zooming in manually with button on top border bar. That worked fine. The isuue was just with the mouse controls (both the trackpad and mouse).

I am very sure I am missing something. Or this might just be a bug with my current mouse (because as I said, the customer also has the same one as mine. Mice make & model is Logitech B100), and I haven't experienced this problem anywhere else.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Paras Raina

Solution Partner Genius

Hi @Ken_A

Yes, I have. i couldn't find anything that might be the cause of this problem. In any case, I'll save it again the next time, & will upload it here if needed.

Thanks.

Regards,

Paras Raina

Same issue im facing at random times. For that, I was using fit option from quick acess tool bar and used to rotate the model by mouse. Sometimes it works  for me.

Another option is like I go to desktop-refresh, again I will come back to NX environment and using fit again.

These things will solve the issue for me.

Not sure about your case.

Thanks.

Solution Partner Genius

@Devraj_Mendon

I have tried the fit to screen option as well. It has worked for me once or twice, i'm not sure, but most of the times my only option is to restart NX.

Can I know which mouse are you using (make & model)?

Paras Raina

Yeah Sure,

Dell MS116t, made in China

I never restarted my system for this problem. I'm using NX10.

Try to use Refresh (F5). It may help you.

Thanks,

Devaraj