Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Set in Drafting?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

As Reference set can be created on part level and can be used while importing part into the assembly environment.

On part level, If I have multiple reference set and want to create drawing view with a particular reference set. Is it possible to use reference set in drafting application?

I know the other methods like visible in the view and hidden component option in view edit. Just want to ensure whether we can use reference set in drafting.

Regards,
Ganesh
#IngenuityIsNX | NX - What's New

4 REPLIES

Re: Reference Set in Drafting?

Genius
Genius

I have created views for specific reference set by using master model drawings. As master model drafts are assemblies, I can select different reference set for the components. I sometimes want to use diference reference set of a part in the same drafting so I "freeze" the view (I don't know how this option is called in english).

I am still learning how to use NX, so maybe there are other betters ways of use reference set in drafting.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

In NX you can exploit various features to get various results. One of these features is represented by the fact that the drafting,in NX, is also an assembly.
I will try to explain to you how I solved these problems by means of images and the sample files which I attach.
I hope to have been exhaustive, sorry but I do not speak English well.

Cesare

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Javiduc: Thank you for the commnet!

@Cesare: Thank you very much for the explaination with parts. One more way to achieve the desired results for me. Smiley Happy

Regards,
Ganesh
#IngenuityIsNX | NX - What's New

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, Smiley Happy I want to use reference set only but actually "arrangements" are required in my case. but only referance set I can use Model or Empty to show or hide in some cases , because I can not modify master models.