Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Set in Drafting?

Genius
Genius

Hello, Is it possible, in a drawing, to define a default reference set for new drawing views?  I see how I can pick an arrangement, but I don't see where I can pick the reference set.  When adding a new drawing view, I'd like to be able to pick which reference set I want to use. I looked in drawing preferences, but I couldn't find anything.  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Reference Set in Drafting?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Reference sets define what is loaded with the component. You cannot have a single component and show different reference sets simultaneously on the drawing. When you change the ref set, the component updates and the existing views go out of date; when updated, they will show the currently selected ref set.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? There might be another way to get what you need.

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@s_hightower wrote:

When adding a new drawing view, I'd like to be able to pick which reference set I want to use.

Existing Enhancement Requests:

• ER 6653739: "Specify a different Reference Set for a specific Drawing View".
  • ER 8335369: "Selection of Reference Set in Base View Command".

Regards, Ben

Genius
Genius

@cowski1, I inherited a lot of NX parts that I have to work with but many aren't consistently defined.  Some have reference sets and some don't.  When bringing those parts or new parts into a drawing, I'd like to be able to select the reference set that I'm wanting displayed in the drawing.  I know that the new parts will have the correct reference sets, but the old ones may not.

@BenBroad, thanks for the info.  At least I can quit looking for a solution in preferences.

Thanks

Experimenter
Experimenter

As @BenBroad told, curremtly there is no support to select reference sets while creating Base views.

You need to first set the required reference sets of the individual parts in Assembly Navigator & then place the drawing views.

Thanks,

Sachin Patil

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @s_hightower,

a workaround can be to add a two same component in the assembly of the drawing and create an arrangement, where in one arrangement you have a component in the reference set and the other suppress and viceversa.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @cubalibre00

I tried to workout the solution as you suggested. But for some reason I'm unable to achieve the desired result.

Could you record and post the video, how this has to be done.

Thanks in advance

NX12 | TC10

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @sathya,

attached a file with relative drawing with the suggestions applied.

1. A Custom reference set to be used in the drawing created in the master model part, in this case in the 2409702G.prt
  2. In the modeling environment of the specification, add two time the same master model part. Create an arrangement where in one there is the reference set model and in the other the custom reference set.
  3. Add the view and in the mask select the arrangement desidered 
Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the replky and attachement @cubalibre00

That explains how different reference sets can be used simultaniously in a context assy.

However, the similar results can be obtained with a single reference set and having control over the layers.

Am I interpreting it right ? or missing something there ?

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @sathya,

the suggestion I've explained and linked it's the best. The result with layers It is a waste of time, but free to use.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM