Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referenced edge does not exist

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I'm trying to draft a diaphragm, but during circular pattern of the vanes and their radius I keep getting the same error: "Referenced edge does not exist". This results in only the vanes itself being patterned, but not their radius.

2017-03-02 11_25_07-NX 11 - Modeling - [Outline.prt (Modified) ].jpg

The way I've set this up is:

1. Outer-ring revolve.

2. Inner-ring revolve.

3. Establish vane shape by using section-curve on STL file underlay.

4. Use this curve to extrude the vane on both rings (using "Until selected" conditions in extrude menu).

5. United the 3 parts

6. Used edge blend.

Am I overlooking something as to why the edge blend won't be included in the pattern?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Referenced edge does not exist

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

What pattern are you using?  If you do not need the flexibility of Features, Pattern Geometry will work?

2017-03-02 11_26_33-NX 11.0.0.33 - Modeling - [model11.prt (Modified) ].png

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I was using feature pattern. I noticed after using feature pattern on a vane, that the patterned vanes were not united with the inner and outer-ring. Solved it by uniting the patterned vanes and using edge blend with the "feature intersection edges" option. 

I'm not sure if the pattern geometry option works for how I set up this model? I can't select the vane for the geometry because it's united, and I can't use edge blend if the vane isn't united with the rings.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You want to pattern the blend feature along with vanes, Right?

It is possible to apply blend/chamfer to all instances created using 'Pattern Feature' command.

You need to set the environmental variable 'NX_ENABLE_BLEND_APPLY_ALL_INSTANCES' value to 1. This will enable the option 'Blend All Instances'. One quick way is to define this as system variable.

env.PNG

Restart the NX, Start the Edge blend command, Select the edge of any instance feature and Check the option 'Blend All Instances' and OK. It will create blend to all instance features.

eb.PNG

eb1.PNG

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

You will need to select the faces of the features.

2017-03-02 12_24_46-NX 11.0.0.33 - Modeling - [model11.prt (Modified) ].png

2017-03-02 12_25_11-NX 11.0.0.33 - Modeling - [model11.prt (Modified) ].png

2017-03-02 12_27_07-NX 11.0.0.33 - Modeling - [model11.prt (Modified) ].png

Hope that helps.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks both for the help! Very helpful.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I would have used pattern face. This is much faster then patterning features that you are the same anyway. 

First always try pattern face. Then pattern geometry and pattern feature last. Pattern feature is only useful when the instance need to be variable (like resizing following other inputs).

We used to only have pattern feature, but it should be the one that is least used.

Regards, **bleep**