Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding assigning designer name to the part and locking the posibility of chaning the name

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I created a new design in nx 9.0..I want to assign my name as the designer of that part...and no one has enable to change that name.....is it possible ....if it is then how...

Little bit curious...

Thanks in advance for your support...

5 REPLIES

Re: Regarding assigning designer name to the part and locking the posibility of chaning the name

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In native NX you can define custom attributes from File > Utilities > Attribute Template. 

555.PNG

Under part properties select the attribute and click on green right symbol.

555_2.PNG

Save, close and re-open the part. Under properties of part the attribute will be visible and no more editable.

555_1.PNG

Re: Regarding assigning designer name to the part and locking the posibility of chaning the name

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Like Ganesh_kadole shows you can create a template attribute.
if you work with more then 1 designer you can create also a List attribute with all the names of the designers in there so you don't have to type them every time.

set the constrain type to list and then you are able to make the list value.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your Valuable contribution.....This is what i want exactly..

Thank you so much

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to remove This Attribute  after create and locked... I tried but it is not able to remove.....

How Can we remove...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
you have to remove it from the template attributes.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions