I have a 3-piece sub-assembly consisting of:
* A plate with 2 holes
* 2 screws constrained to the plate
- both screws are constrained via touch/align to the plate
- The underside of the screw heads are constrained to the top of the plate
- The centerline of each of the screws is constrained to the centerline of one of the holes
This all works fine and as expected
* We will frequently add the sub-assembly described above to other higher-level assemblies
* We want to use Remember/Remembered Constraints to place the sub-assembly described above into other assemblies - such that the underside of the plate is constained via touch/align to the face of some component that resides in the assembly that we are adding the subject sub-assembly into. We also want the centerlines of each of the screws in the subject subassembly to be constrained to some object (hole centerlines in some component in the target higher-level assembly for example).
What is the basic workflow to accomplish this. I am missing something in trying to use NX-Help to guide me through this.
I seem to think that some contraints are setup in the sub-assembly and the first time that the sub-assembly in added to a higher-level assembly the remembered constraints get set by example?
Solved! Go to Solution.
A coworker mentioned that the CAST training tool had coverage of the remembered contraints functionality. As soon as we read the introductory sentence in CAST - it was clear what we needed to do.
We know how to use it now - so help is no longer needed.