Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering in NX11, Mach Advantage?

Creator
Creator

I'm new to NX and have the basic Mach Advantage package.  Does this packing include any sort of rendering capabilities? I tried using several of the tools on the rendering tab but to no avail (and some indicated a license was needed).  So I'm guessing not, but just wanted to be sure befored dropping it.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES

Re: Rendering in NX11, Mach Advantage?

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

@pmk3

with that license I think this is your best option:

2018-03-15_50.gifNX True Shading option

And you can also modify body and face colors by using "Edit Object Display" (CTRL+J)

Hope this helps

Huysmans Metalen n.v.
2x NX 11.0.2.7 Mach Designer
on Win7 64bit
NX Beta Tester with focus on Sheet Metal
Command Finder is your friend

Creator
Creator

frank_nx, thanks for the suggestion.  I looked in to True Shading, but I don't think it will do what I want.  I have an architecural model (of a building) and I would like to apply a brick texture to some faces (to make it more realistic looking).  In Solid Edge (which I'm more familar with) I could do this with a jpeg image of a brick wall.  But there doesn't appear to be any way to do that in NX using the basic (Mach Adv) package that I have.  So I'll probably just export the model to SE and try it there.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

like @frank_nx is telling the True shading is the only rendering feature that you have in the Mach advantage.

If you have the Mach 2 license that you have high end rendering.

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Creator
Creator

Thanks for letting me know about the Mach 2 license.  I'm not planning to upgrade though, as this is just an occasional need.  Too bad Mach Advantage doesn't include more rendering capability though.  It makes me realize what a great value Solid Edge is!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @pmk3,

Not sure it this will be good enough, but you could use simply insert a raster image to a model:
2018.03.23_14h29m10s_006_.png

Might be just sufficient ehough for you.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Creator
Creator

Dennis,

Thanks for the suggestion.  That looks promising!  I've never used a raster image before.  Do you know if it will "tile" to cover a larger area (as opposed to stretching)?  If it will tile (so the bricks remain the same size) than that should work, and I will definitely investigate.

Thanks again.

Pat

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Pat,

It was the question I was waiting for Smiley Happy

Sorry, I was not able to find how the image could be tiled. Not 100% sure if it's not possible, but I believe not. Maybe the documetation will be able to tell you more.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Creator
Creator

Thanks for checking.  I expect tiling is not possible (I searched the help and did not find any mention of it; only scaling).  If it is possible, it's certainly well hidden!