Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing Saved WCS

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am looking for a way to increase the size of a saved WCS, but I cannot find any options. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randy

3 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Resizing Saved WCS

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There is only one way to do that that I'm aware of, but it will affect the displayed size of ALL non-geometric objects that are displayed when working in modeling, such as saved WCS's as well as Points, Coneheads, temporary vectors, the small reference coordinates system in the lower-Left corner of the display, etc.

And that is to go into...

Preferences -> Visualization -> View/Screen 

...and select the large 'Calibrate' button in the middle of the dialog.  Now adjust the relative size of the 'circle' in the dialog (make sure that the 'Lock Resize Sliders' option is toggled ON) and hit OK twice.  Now all of the above mentioned items, including the apparent size of the saved WCS has been changed.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

As an alternative to John's suggestion, you could save a datum csys in the desired location instead of a csys object. The datum csys has the option of entering a scale factor to change its size.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately neither of these really accomplishes what I am wanting to do. Ultimately, I would like the saved WCS to show on the drawing while displaying the X,Y, & Z denotation for the axises. A saved WCS was the only method I had found for doing this.