Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse Library - Syntax of KRX and Excel file?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I am currently evaluating the functionality of the Reuse Bibrary for an eventual customization.

What I need to know is:

• Where can I find a complete reference of the KRX file syntax with all supported parameters?
  • Where can I find a complete reference for the options/parameters which can be defined in the Excel/Spreadsheet for a reusable component?

For my specific case, I need to know, if it is possible to define different output folders for subcomponents of a resuable assembly and how to disable some of the UI components of the Add/Edit Reusable Component dialog.

4 REPLIES

Re: Reuse Library - Syntax of KRX and Excel file?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

I think you can use the PTS to define the Reusable Component dialog.

Solution Partner Phenom

I am actually reading about PTS and it looks promising, but unfortunately, it requires an additional license to run. Something, which the customer does NOT have.

I already had a complete solution developed using NXOpen, where I "reimplemented" the Reuse Library functionality with my additional requirements and even without the need to have Excel installed (I am using ODBC drivers to access the Excel sheets with the parameters). Unfortunately, some users were simply dragging the standard components from the NX Reuse Library instead of using my command and were then wondering why NX did not show some messages, when a parameter was NOT updated as expected or some subcomponents were NOT stored in the right subfolders.

They want to have something "bullet-proof" and interchangable with "standard" NX functionality.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

>>unfortunately, it requires an additional license to run.

>> Something, which the customer does NOT have.

Well...  There's a really good way to solve that, right?  :-D

The KRX file is pretty simple...  This doc page is likely the best little explanation of how it works:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12/nx_help#uid:xid1128417:xid1128429:index_reuselib:...

Getting your customer into either PTS or Reusable Components would certainly give them the "standard" automatic drag-and-drop launch you're after.

And with PTS, you could pretty easily use list expressions to either store your options directly within the file or use those same ODBC calls to populate the list expressions with desired options.

Feel free to contact me privately if I can answer any specific questions for you on this.

Thanks, Martin!

Taylor Anderson
NX Product Manager, Knowledge Reuse and NX Design
Tel: +1 (602) 441-0683
taylor.anderson@siemens.com

Solution Partner Phenom

@TaylorAnderson wrote:.

Feel free to contact me privately if I can answer any specific questions for you on this.

Thanks, Martin!

@TaylorAnderson,

just resent you a private mail on this topic as I did not get any answer from you until now. Please check your spam folder, if it did not reach you.

Many Thanks.