cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse Library in Electrical Routing

Creator
Creator

Dear All! I have a following question: while working in electrical routing modul, I have used some objects from the Reuse Library, but I cannot find them anywhere as native files. How to check the path where the files visible in the library are stored?

I have checked the Customer defaults etc. and found out that some parts are available in the

C:\ugii\ugnx11\UGROUTE_ELEC\metric\parts    But under this path not all files are visible. The same situation is reproducable in the native NX and started from Teamcenter.

As example here are also some files, e.g. Stock which I cannot find anywhere. stock_electr_rout.jpg

7 REPLIES

Re: Reuse Library in Electrical Routing

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

These are not actual part files with a .prt extension. They are identified with text files with .ptb extension. Since all you need for a circular section is a diameter, and you apply it to a routed segment, a text file identifying the size and shape is all that is needed. Take a look at your NX install directory UGROUTE_ELEC then the units you are using (Metric/Inch) and you'll find quite a few .ptb files here in the tables directory.

Circular_space_mm_ptb.jpgfiles. 

Creator
Creator

Hi! I have already seen this .ptb file, and I've also tried to add in this text file next line, with further diameter (this is the goal: to create additional parts, with diverse diameter) but the choice has not been offered then in library in NX. I thought that it does work similar to family part, but there was no visible change in the library in NX. How to extend then the library with parts with other diameters?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Check your NX log file to see where your table files are being loaded from - search for the variable: UGII_EPLIB_TABLE_PATH=<path>;<path>

Make sure that your ptb file is in one of the paths defined by this variable.

Creator
Creator

Hello @BenBroad,

the tables are in the standard installation folder. The issue is that even after changing the tables and extending them, the parts are not offered in the library then. I have tried to make the change in the table .ptb file. The .prt files for those part (e.g. stock) are not stored in the installation files - only the table is available.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Dabrowka,

What do you have set for the following:

UGII_ROUTE_UGMANAGER_MODE
UGII_ROUTE_ELEC_KIT_DIR
UGII_ROUTING_KIT_UNITS
UGII_ROUTING_APP_VIEW_DIR
UGII_ROUTE_ELEC_APP_VIEW
UGII_EPLIB_PART_LIB_VIEW_PATH
UGII_EPLIB_TABLE_PATH

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi

did you take care about the formating of the .ptb files. sometimes if you use a TAB STOP it wont work.

Also what ben asked the variables are good to know, and for sure did you refreshed the database after the change?

Creator
Creator

Hello together. I was on holidays and then had no time at all to take care about the tiopic. I will try again all your advices and will let you know about the result!