Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision block

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi..

When I created the drawing templates for my company I used a temporary fix for the revision block. I marked the revision table as title block as well. It's a simple table with values we have to put in manually:

2017-12-07 14_29_56-NX 11 - Drafting - [assembly2.prt (Modified) ].jpg

As you can probably tell this isn't the most convenient way for drawings with more than 3 revisions. I've searched the forums and I've come across macro's and such to implement a more user-friendly way for a revision block. I hope creating macro's isn't the only way to realise this. In AutoCAD it was relatively easy to create a dynamic block that would allow more revision lines in the table:

2017-12-07 14_47_17-Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 - [D33-1301395 Impeller bore.dwg].jpgHow do I set up something similiar like the above picture? If I select rev0, only 1 revision line will appear.

Note that we are not using teamcenter, and all information is stored in the drawing/model.

3 REPLIES

Re: Revision block

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Just for the issue of adding rows, I leave our revision block as a tabular note, and NOT add it to a Titleblock object.

Note I do have some API to aid the filling in, so in the drawing templates it is just one row (plus the header)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Pioneer
Pioneer

Kind of like adding a parts list table to the drawing? Only it's set up as a revision block?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

When you say "parts list" I am thinking a PL where all the fields get automatically populated based on the assembly structure.

My rev block is just a "dumb" tabular note - i.e. the user has to enter the text in every cell (hence why I use an API program to help the user out).

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled