Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon Tab automatically resizing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

When working with dual monitor set up, I like to move some ribbon tabs to the second monitor. The problem is that after working for a while, and unexpectedly, the "Home" tab gets resized. I couldn't replicate the problem, because it happens when you perform some action or feature (like finishing a sketch) but not always.

Here is my starting layout:

Start.JPG

Here is how it looks after working for a while:

End.JPG

Has anybody faced this? How can I solve it?

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES

Re: Ribbon Tab automatically resizing

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It looks like you've torn off a ribbon tab to keep as a separate window.  I think both the position and size of these are stored per application (i.e. different from modeling, drafting, etc), even if contents are the same.  Cycle through your applications to see which one might be different.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi elopategui, thanks for your answer.

I've set the layout properly for all the applications, but it still happens. I payed special attention to the window and I've noticed that the "Home" window gets resized when editing a previous sketch and finishing it:

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Edit: seems the video is not working, at least for me. The image shows the steps and how it happens:

Resize.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think videos on the site are broken.

Interesting, can't seem to replicate it on my end.  Looks like your icon size is changing to.  What version of NX are you using and what are you icon settings under customize?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am using NX 9.0.3.4. We are making the transition now to NX11 so I'll see what happens there.

These are my settings:

Captura.JPG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

On my end it looks like that going into the Sketch Task Environment as opposed to the direct sketch is what is resizing the ribbons. When exiting the Sketch Task Environment the home tab is now narrow and all the icons in adjust to the new size. I did not get the behavior in direct sketch only the sketch task environment. If this is your case also I would contact GTAC to open an ER since I think this how it works today and there is no way to have the window return to the width you want. 

To see if this is your case just edit the sketch in the sketch task environment, remember each application and environment has its own layout.

Scott

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
In my case only happens in Direct Sketch... I will wait to have NX11 running and if it still happens I'll contact GTAC.

Thanks for your answers.

Phenom
Phenom

Not the exact same issue, but somewhat related:

I've had commands inexplicably move up & down the View Popup Menu throughout the life of NX9 - probably fixed in next release - that's the tendency this day & age or so it seems.

-Tim

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I did mine in NX 11 and the behavior is what you describe. I would contact GTAC now so that you would have a chance to get something looked at either a fix or ER.

Scott