Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich Client Icon Size-Surface Pro 4

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

I have posted this to the TeamCenter forum but thought I might try here as well...

I am currently trying to run NX and the TC 10 Rich Client on a new MS Surface Pro 4. So far it all seems to work except with the extreme resolution the SP4 uses, the icons on the toolbars are so small in the Rich Client I can barely even see them. Is there an easy way to change the sizes to something larger? I have yet to find a way to enlarge the toolbar icons in the Rich Client. NX isn't a problem.

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200
8 REPLIES

Re: Rich Client Icon Size-Surface Pro 4

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello @RGudorf,

I do not know any good way to do this, from the top of my head. I do believe there are some improvements comming in NX 11.0, with regard to High res screens.

I know, this won't do you any good right now, but improvements are comming up.

Maybe others have any idea for NX 10.0

Kind regards,

Dennis

Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

PLM World Member Genius

Dennis,

I don't have any real issues with NX on the SP4 unless I use the Tablet Role, another post coming on that. My main issues were with the TC10 Rich Client.

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hello Ryan,

Not a TC expert, so not sure about any settings here. I will see if I'm able to dig something up.

Kind regards,

Dennis
Dennis de Brouwer
Application Support Engineer
GTAC EMEA - Siemens Industry Software

Phenom
Phenom

Ryan-

Have you tried settting the Microsoft text size to 150%? I beleive that is the recommended setting size. The SP4 isn't using a 4K or higher resolution so I don't think that is the problem.

Capture.PNG

PLM World Member Genius

Ryan,

Thanks for the information about this setting. I had it set for 200% and ran it down to 150%, but that made it worse. I then increased it to 300% and that definitely made an improvement to the icons, but made the rest of the interface almost unusable. So I'm guessing somewhere in between will work out. Or I'm just going to have to give in to the optometrist and get bifocals!

Thanks!
Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1

Phenom
Phenom

@RGudorf Well, to answer your question on bi-focals...Yes. I'm only 44 and after 30+ years of computer screen usage and I'm wearing bi-focals- for the last few years. You can't tell but they are bi-focals. Welcome!

BTW- Take a screen shot of what you are getting there might be some other options inside of TC to control icon/toolbar size that maybe needed to work in conjunction with the MS text size.

I"m running Solid Edge and SolidAlmostWorks on my SP3. I'll tell you right now that SE is a few years ahead of SW when it comes to a UI that works on mobile devices.

PLM World Member Genius
Yea...well I'm not ready to admit I'm 46 and need bifocals yet, even though they have tried twice to put me in them. Kudo's to you though! ;-)

Teamcenter forum has come back and said there are no adjustments to be made to the 16x16 pixel icons. One size fits all I guess!

Thanks again,
Ryan
--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1

Phenom
Phenom

That will have to change as Siemens PLM and Teamcenter continues its strategies for supporting mobile devices. Give the developers time. SW users are all in uproar over the icon changes/upgrade in SW2016. One of the primary reasons given for the UI upgrade was for mobile and higher resolution screens. The legacy icons were all image based and not scalable (just like the Teamcenter icons).