Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating a section view

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello I have a problem with a current drafting I am working on. The part I am drawing is a square mount with some holes in it ( you can look at the professionally made drawing that is maid in paint that I attached because I am currently not at my work and therefore I don't have access to nx right now). The problem I have is that when I create a section view of the 2 holes to make them visible. But since the holes are on an angle on the workpiece I can't get the view to line up or fit in the current draft. Is there anyway to get the same sectionview and rotate it 30 degrees so it will be parallel and I then can place it where I would want it to be ?

(The sectionview is needed because the holes are complicated)

5 REPLIES

Re: Rotating a section view

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Would a stepped section view work?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

A stepped section view is a good idea, but if you don't want to use that...

Create the section view and place it somewhere; right click the section view, choose view alignment and delete the exisiting alignment. Now you can place the view anywhere you like. In the section view settings (right click section view -> settings -> common -> angle) you can change the angle of the view.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Hi @bronson,

Is this what you're looking for?  I also added @Ken_A suggestion afterwards of creating a stepped section view.

Edit: Basically what @cowski1 suggests Smiley Happy

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thx alot that was excactly what i was trying to do.

Creator
Creator

Hi @bronson, if this has worked for you, would you please mark this post as solved to help others, me included. Thank you.

"Just Testing The Waters"