Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Rotating and moving in Single command

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I am working in a huge assembly, and i am created the bodies (Internal flow volume bodies) in that assemblies.

Now i need to move the bodies (both movement and rotation) along with rotation to match with its parent part in the assembly.

I hope this can be done by using Ctrl+T (Move Object) in single shot, ie., instead of doing twice for movement and rotation. This will save my time.

Any suggestions please, thanks in advance

Sekar

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Rotating and moving in Single command

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @Sekars ,

Yes, you can use various Motion options from Move Object dialog.

(view in My Videos)

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Genius
Genius

Hello Samadhan

Thanks for your video, This is my requirement. But still this is circular component and in 360 degree for 1 axis it is unique. But if irregular body and part need to be aligned if so then how to do that.

i.e., in your video Z axis cylindrical axis and if we need to rotate X / Y axis `From CSYS' to `To CSYS' then please let me know how to do this.

Thanks again

Sekar

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Sekars , can you please attach assembly and component file?

Regards,
Samadhan

GTAC | NX Help: NX1102 | NX1202 | NX1847
Please mark post as an "Accepted Solution", if it answers your question/is more helpful!

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Sekars 

There are so many options to create coordinate system (CSYS) in CSYS to CSYS method of moving a component. Here the main thing is that you have to imagine that which corner of your part should be put on which corner and in which direction. Then you define corresponding coordinate systems of from and to accordingly.

(view in My Videos)

Genius
Genius

Hello robot139

Thanks to you and Samadhan for your videos.

This is what i required.

Thanks again.

Sekar