Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation Axis??

Creator
Creator

Is there smthg like rotation Axis System about his Axis or othere line.

For example, i want to rotate Axis System for 30 deg.

Thx

10 REPLIES

Re: Rotation Axis??

If you want to rotate a datum CSYS about another line or axis, you can use Move Object > Angle.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Hello,

i tried Move Object, but it rotate All others Axis System, and i dont get action in the tree.

I want it in tree for all Axis Systems, so i can change it later again. 

Or i missed smthg? 

Tryyy.PNG

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-Programming-Customization/Get-points-from-selecte...

If this is related to your journal that creates datum csys features on sketch points, be aware that the datum csys features that you create are tied to the objects selected for the X and Y axis vectors. When the object that defines the X and Y axis vectors rotates, your created datum csys features will rotate as well. If you want the created datums to be independent, you will need to break this associativity in your code.

Creator
Creator

I got it, thx.

And this second thing, i cant get that move object in modification tree so i can change it later again(just type diffrent angle)?

If you use the "move object" command, it will only show up as a feature if you turn on the "associative" option (found in the "settings" section of the dialog).

Creator
Creator

i tried this, if I turn of the "associative" option, a lose association with the point, so i can move axis from the sketch Smiley Sad

222.PNG

If you pick a rotation vector that does not pass through the point, the datum csys will move off of the point. I'm not sure what you expected to happen?

Creator
Creator

I am trying to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS6TtdVzSIY

I know that a lot of thing are diferent, i searching for solution like this.

And thx a lot for ur time and will to help me.

If the datum csys is independent of other objects, you can double click on it and edit the position and/or orientation. When you double click on it a "manipulator" will appear; to rotate the csys about its Z axis, click and drag on the sphere that appears on the XY plane (the one between the X and Y axes) or click on it once and an angle entry will appear - enter an angle value to rotate the csys.