Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing Harness: missing connections

Genius
Genius

Hi people,

again, I am no expert in routing, not even moderate... but a customer has reported something strange that I just can't figure out.

When updating a harness assembly in NX 9 with over a couple hundred connections, the connections break and in some cases disappear all together.

conn.PNG

It happens randomly with different connections so I can't say that a certain component might be corrupt causing such errors. Strangely, this doesn't ever happen with smaller assemblies.

Does anyone know a possible reason for this behavior and if there is a way to restore all broken and/or missing connections easily?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: Routing Harness: missing connections

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @hajnal_25,

There's nothing more frustrating than a random issue.

You state "When updating a harness assembly in NX 9 " - what updates is the customer doing?  Are they replacing components (connectors).  I see you're using Teamcenter - are there perhaps items (devices/connectors) being replaced due to effectivity or variants?

The only advice I can think of right now is to make sure that the routing data is loading into the session, by ensuring that the Reference Set containing the routing objects was used when loading the harness assembly.

I've heard of connections becoming unconnected (is this what you mean by breaking?) but I've never heard of them disappearing altogether.

If you're able to find something more repeatable perhaps post an update and maybe a movie capturing the problem.

Regards, Ben

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

or a syslog (help -> Log File)

BUT

Make sure to strip out the site ID / Webkey access code info near the beginning

Sounds like this really should be reported to GTAC...

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

I may have expressed myself incorrectly... By updating I meant opening an already existing part and making changes to it, and by connections breaking I was thinking of these connections losing their attribute information displaying zeros for values.

I will try to reproduce this several times to see if there is any consistency to it, save the log files and keep you posted.

In case this is actually a random bug, I will contact GTAC, but I think I will get the following response: It's not a bug, it's a feature, ergo, works as designed Smiley LOL

Thanks for your input on this!