Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing MechanicalLibrary

Builder
Builder

Dear All,

In routing mechanical application we have Routing Part Library which contains standard parts. How is it possible to extend this library to cover other standards like ISO (Now only has DIN). In other words where can I find additional standard parts to add to my library?

Thank you

Sina shojaee
4 REPLIES

Re: Routing Pipe Library

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Sina,

The Routing applications provide many example stock and parts from which you can create your own.  To add your own standard parts you would need to create a part (typically a Part Family, where you can use the part family spreadsheet to assign multiple attribute values for each member of the family).  You would then need to Qualify the part for use within the Routing application (add ports, anchors, characteristics) and  create a Part Table (PTB) associated with the part to define any properties.  The next step is to update your Part Library (PLV) to point to the new PTB's and, if necessary, edit your Application View file (APV) file to point to a new node in your edited PLV and/or any new disciplines.

If you're able to find a 3rd party, who has already created the Part Familes and PTB's, it could be as simple as editing your PLV to point to the new PTB's.

Hope that helps.

Regards, Ben

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @sina,

Here is one youtube video link which shows the process that @BenBroad has already described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ajjQRI_RqA

Regards,
Ganesh

Re: Routing MechanicalLibrary

Builder
Builder

Thank you @BenBroad and @GaneshKadole

I will try to extend manually my routing mechanical library and I hope I can do it with success. Also the youtube link was useful. Now I know that I can't find any additional standard parts in GTAC and I should build it manually.

Sina shojaee

Creator
Creator
Hi Ben,

thanks for your Information about the PLV and PTB files. I managed to integrate own parts and stocks into the library. But to be honest: I found it very annoying to manage all this text files with several issues due conversions or manual adjustment in the files.
What is actually the difference to a standard part family?
I suppose the PLV and PTB files do only structure.
Can I also use the normal part family procedure with Windows folder structure when I also safe the "mother part" in the structure?

thanks you,
Urs