Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing: standard beam parts

Experimenter
Experimenter

I want to use the routing enviroment to create structures build up from standard beams (HE, UNP, IPE etc.) is this somewhere available?? (outside of Teamcenter) or can i download these parts somewhere?

4 REPLIES

Re: Routing: standard beam parts

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

If you are running NX Routing Mechanical and choose the Discipline "Steelwork" (setting in Routing Preferences), you should be able to use steelwork profiles from the Reuse Library.

Experimenter
Experimenter

indeed MikeH, thanks for that... although there arn't any 'standard' profiles like HE - UNP - IPE etc..

do you know if these can be imported/downloaded somewere?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

if you installed NX as standard (all modules), you should find the following directory structure: .../UGROUTE_MECH/metric/parts or tables (see attacement)
In there are standard profiles provided from Siemens, but evt. your specific ones are missing. You may build your own as part family and use the standard process to include it in the routing reuse library nodes.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If you go to the GTAC download server (https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/) and go into the "full product releases" section -> ??? (I can't get in right now, so I cant tell you the path) in the "Machinery Library" there are a whole bunch of ZIPs with standard parts (nuts/bolts/etc.) that also include parts with steel shapes.  There's also some documentation files, etc. to help you understand how to install/use them.

Note I do not know if (or how) these differ from what is included in the NX install, nor do I know how to set them up so they can be used in routing (but i would suspect it is close to the posting above)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled