Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW LOADING OF ASSEMBLY FILES

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello all,

one of my user is facing an issue.

When working with assemblies he's trying to open it but it is taking time to load for 2 mintues and then it will start searching for the files and the file size is around 4-5MB. And he's accessing the files from Server level.There are around 10PCs but only in one PC they are facing this kind of issue. Similiar there is another PC which is having less config than below mentioned in that particular PC everything's working fine.

Ram 32gb

Graphics : NVDIA QUADRO M2000

DELL

What might be the issue?? Any suggestions???

6 REPLIES

Re: SLOW LOADING OF ASSEMBLY FILES

Legend
Legend

Hi @karthik6,

all PC use the same NX configuration, defined in the UGII_ENV_FILE variable ? Usually in a shared position on the server common from all workstation.

In your case can the PC use a different NX setting, for example a different load option ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Thanks for the reply @cubalibre00.

They are using NX10 yes they are using same NX Config.
while opening any assemblies

they are accessing from server so assembly load options they have set as per their convenience from server and they are using light wt representations also but there is no any difference taking same time..

What is the std procedure to load a file if you are accessing files from common server but other users are not having these issues only one user..

Can you tell me the std working procedure or where should I look into and I forgot to mention their PC's are customized it is not native NX. when we tried these issues in Native NX they are not facing any trouble but when they are using Customized NX they are facing this issue and only one user is facing that.

Thanks

and one more thing
there are two workstation, among them one workstation with higher configuration takes 5 minutes time to open one small file, same file with other workstation with lower configuration takes 2 minutes to open file.

How is it possible? Any suggestions to look into

Legend
Legend

@karthik6,

first of all can you export the NX log file of the two workstation and read inside if there are difference in the configuration although you think they use the same.

Maybe there is a file in the PC that is used to configure NX.

How do you have configurated workstations ? Via UGII_ENV_FILE variable in the ws ?

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Sure @cubalibre00 Smiley Happy I will take a look at those log files tomorrow.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
assembly load options they have set as per their convenience

Look at their load options to see if they're performing a recursive search by adding an ellipsis (...) on the end of the path.  For example:

N:\path_to_files\another_folder\standard_parts\etc

N:\path_to_files...

The second path searches every folder underneath the standard parts folder and more time is taken to search these folders

Also, compare the options for loading interpart data and how far down the parents are being loaded.

Regards, Ben