Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

SNX Layer tool

Anyone remember this handy little tool?  and if so, anyone gotten it to work in the 64bit world, with NX 9?

Attached is the old copy I had in my archives.

-Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
26 REPLIES

Re: SNX Layer tool

Heads-up! - don't visit the website at the bottom of the ReadMe file (solidNX dot com) - NSFW

Attached is my version of a layer tool which I developed quite some time ago.  I have compiled it for NX9 and signed it.  Also the required block slyler dialog file is included.  If it is of some use and you would like something different let us know and I would be happy to look at it.

Regards

Frank Swinkels

Are these .dll and .dlx files considered NX Open files, or?

Trying to set the default directory, so when users go File, Execute..  they don't have to browse.

@Ben, good catch, the SolidNX website disappeared years ago, so I never checked the link.  Apologies to anyone that clicked on it. 

-Dave

Dave, a dll is considered a program (can be written in NX Open or User Function) and the dlx is a block styler dialog file.  I have a directory C:\community that has a subdirectory application.  I placed both of Frank's files in the application directory and then set UGII_USER_DIR to C:\community

I also set UGII_INITIAL_UFUN_DIR to point to C:\community\application so that NX opens up in that directory when I select "File > Execute > NX Open".

Nice program Frank!  Thanks for sharing.

I knew it was a program, I just wasn't sure where it fell under the options in File, Utilities, Customer Defaults, Gateway, General, Directories.

And also a thank you to Frank!

-Dave

Back from the dead...

Something seems to have changed in Windows 8.1, or in one of the MP's for NX, because when I tried to use this today, I get this error.

-Dave

Forgot this wasn't working, and tried the tool again today, and I get the same error.  Anythoughts on what may have changed, or what I need to change?

-Dave

mine works in NX10, I put the files in my NXcustom folder where the ugzip dlls were, then I made a usercommand to launch it. but I run windows 7 and native nx.

so I'm not sure if that helps you

layertool.PNG

As I recall it "broke" when we went to Windows 8.1, and I don't have a Win7 machine to test on.

-Dave