Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: STEP FILE TRANSLATION ISSUE

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I've gotten a few support calls about this exact issue over the last few days.

In all cases, using the Nvidia driver 385.69 for Quadro or Geforce graphics cards fixed the issue for these customers.

Below is the link to search for the older driver.

Nvidia Older driver search

Anthony Galante, Senior Support Engineer
PhoenxPLM
24 versions of NX installed: NX4 to NX12, plus TC11.2

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
No still it hasn'nt been solved.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I had the newest Nividia driver installed.  It crashed my stp creation File process in NX.  I had to update the driver due to running a different program, that needed an updated driver.

Below is the driver I had to roll back to.  This did fix the stp file translation issue.  The other program I needed does run with this driver also.

We use a quadro K4000 running a Windows 7 machine.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/123912/en-us

Hat tip GTAC for providing the graphics driver to roll back to.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I confirm that the problem is a nvidia drivers problem.

Using the Nvidia driver 385.69 for Quadro or Geforce graphics cards fixed the issue.

Olivier

Experimenter
Experimenter

We found out, there is a workaround when using one of the latest NVIDIA driver 390.x

Just set an environment variable:

JT_OGL45=1
Just restart NX and try to export a step-file

Please leave a message if this works for anybody

Regards, Martin

Highlighted

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @mknauss,

I've tested you solution adding the variable, but doesn't work.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

Experimenter
Experimenter

We've been seeing this a lot recently where users were getting a C++ error during a failed translation and what usually resolves the issue is either installing the certified driver or re-installing the current driver. As previously mentioned a Windows updates seems to be the root cause of this but in the meantime you can log into the GTAC web page and down in the lower right hand corner under QuickLinks you'll find the Hardware(graphics card) Certification spreadsheet. Open this and go to the Certification Matrix tab at the bottom. There you'll be able to look up your make/model of workstation along with your version of O/S. There's typically a link to download the certified driver.

Just a reminder, it's the workstation mfg'er that does the certification and not Siemens. They are cerifying if you use a certain graphics card/driver with your workstation O/S configuration it will be error free. Non Certified cards/ drivers may be used but they are not certified to be error free.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Regarding the variable: JT_OGL45

"This will force direct model to always use an OpenGL level of 4.5. So when TcVis, NX, etc. uses direct model it will be capped at 4.5 even if the newer drivers support 4.6. If a driver can't support 4.5 then it naturally goes back to next highest level like 4.4, etc."

The only record I have of this variable working in NX, was where the user had updated their drivers to the latest available from nVidia and opening a part with solid data, or creating a new part and inserting solid data, raised a C++ error.  They were not complaining about STEP translation issues.  That said, the issue is being tracked under the same master PR  for the STEP issues.

Regards, Ben

Experimenter
Experimenter

Finally this issue is fixed according to PR#: 9134396 in NX 11.0.2MP8, NX12.0.1 and NX12.0.2.

Now it is possible to use the latest Nvidia-driver.

Testet in Windows 7-64, Nvidia Quadro K2000M, driver-versions 385.69, 391.74 and 397.93

No additional variable like JT_OGL45 is needed

Hope this information can help

Regards, Martin

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Thanks for the heads up.

I did not see this information listed in the release notes in NX11 mp8 or mp9.