Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SWEEP BODY

Hello

I wonder if NX9 have any option to make a sweep with a body using a helical curve like solidwords, i've been looking in the features of NX but i can't find it, at his moment the only option that works is pattern along of curve but the result is not the best (see attached image), i hope some solution to this.

Thanks.

PD: I Apologize for my english.

9 REPLIES

Re: SWEEP BODY

You mean like the attached example?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Hello,
For the moment, it isn't possible. In the version NX9, we have up a roughing this feature but not implemented in NX 9 and 10 perharps NX11.
In the file attache, I build a sweep surface in which I impose a direction. We show the problem for conveying a form such as "a bottle".
This functionality will be interesting for conveying screws not to be confused with the extrusion screws.

Emmanuel.

www.janus-engineering.fr

Thanks Jhon for you answer, this operation is close to for i'm looking but has a problem when y try to fit in the cavity a bottle for example of diameter 40mm like your tube not(see image) fit because the width is less that diameter, for this reason is useful a operation  like i describe in the previous post also the surface is continous and not like the example that I submit.

Thanks emmanuel, I used this feature too but no result yet.

Basically, what you are trying to do is sweep a cylindrical solid (cross section of the bottle) around the helix, and subtract that "swept solid" from the main cylinder.

Right now, it is not possible to sweep solids bodies to get another solid body.

There may be something you can do to get a faceted representation (e.g. drive an end mill, and get the 3D IPW as a faceted body).

Another option is to (analytically or empirically) get the resulting cross section (possibly an ellipse, possibly something else) and sweep that.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled

Was this feature (sweep with solid body) ever implemented in NX10? I am running 10.0.3.5 MP8

Is present on NX11.
Thank you...

Using NX 10 / RuleDesigner PDM

......Testing NX 11 on production

Not officially. It was shown to beta testers of NX 10, but it was not rolled out in the official release.

Thanks, I was just asking since I found a post by John Baker saying that they were going to roll it out in 10. I guess I'll need to start pushing for a move to 11. I found a workaround for my current problem, but a swept body using a solid tool would be so much easier.