Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same model name but two variations ?

Genius
Genius

Hi

In NX 9.0 can I create a 3D-model which has two(2) variations for it ?

• I have an insulation wire model that in 1st) assembly bends to another direction and in 2nd) assembly bends to another direction ?
  • I would like to use the same name for the insulation. Flat-pattern is the same only difference is just the bend direction.
5 REPLIES

Re: Same model name but two variations ?

Legend
Legend

you can use the "deformable part" feature for this.

Frederik Verscheure
Evolve Consulting bvba
Freelance NX & Teamcenter consultant
frederik@evolve-consulting.be

Genius
Genius

So I create all the different extrude variations and then supress/hide them in model.
Then go to: Modeling -> Define deformable part.

Any other easier way ?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You need to create the model in a way, that allows you to define a feature, example using a guide curve, that when that guide curve is "swapped" the model updates.  In your various assemblies, you would define what to use as this guide, so the component deforms to the right, or left, or some other variation.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can use 'Reference Sets'. Create both geometries in same part and define two reference sets (eg. Left and Right). While adding part in the assembly, select the required reference set or just add part in the assembly and use replace reference set.

rs.PNG

rs1.PNG

Legend
Legend

create your part. and the start "Menu>Tools>define defromable part"2017-04-21 09_06_23-NX 9 - Modeling - [model4.prt].jpg

save the part.

Add the part twice in an assembly

right click the component and choose "deform"

for each component you can enter different lenghts/angles (depending what you defined before) althought it is the same part

Frederik Verscheure
Evolve Consulting bvba
Freelance NX & Teamcenter consultant
frederik@evolve-consulting.be