Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample parts

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Hi,

I'm looking for some real-world sample parts/assemblies (small to large) to use in benchmark testing.  Does anyone know of a good resource to find some?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Sample parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

When it came to being inspired for ideas when I needed parts for things like testing and demos, it was always best to use something that was not based on actual customer examples or parts, particularly when it came to Demo parts.  That's why my best source over the years have Drafting textbooks, and the older the better.  After all, where do you think I got my inspiration for my favorite Demo part...

Butterfly_Valve.PNG

...from the Drafting manual used in my freshman year.  One of the people I work with picked-up a great example a garage sale once, a Drafting manual from 1936.  I was full of dozens of great examples of both simply piece part all the way up to very complex assemblies, which is where I got the inspiration for this more complex demo assembly that I often use...

Radial Engine cutaway.PNG

Anyway, I hope that helps inspire you as to where you might start to look.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

What kind of bench mark testing are you looking.  If you are doing a hardware bench mark take a look at   https://www.spec.org/gwpg/publish/nx8.5_rel.html

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

Thank you for the feedback.  SPEC looks like a promising tool for what I need to accomplish; I'm looking into it.  Thanks again!