Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save CGM data

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

NX 9  TC 10

With the save option "Save Drawing CGM data" on, I was hoping non-NX users would be able to see the drawing in Teamcenter, under the "Viewer" section.  Is this not the case?  Setting the "Save JT Data" makes the model visible in the Tc Viewer and JT Preview, I was hoping CGM would do the same.  Something we need to change in Tc maybe?

-Dave

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: Save CGM data

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We have that option enabled but do not get CGMs created on save. You can manually create the CGM using Export Drawings to Teamcenter but there is the risk that the CGM is out of date if the drawing is subsequently modified. We ended up modifying our freeze workflow to create to CGM when the drawing is frozen in Teamcenter.

Mike

NX 12.0.0 TC11.3
www.astonmartin.com

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

This past Thursday we had some Siemens PLM reps visiting, and I demonstrated the lack of CGM data being created, and saved in Teamcenter.  They verified everything was setup correct, so I guess I need to create a formal IR now.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi, did you set the checkbx in TC 10.1, Edit-->Option--> Lifecycle Visualization --> View NX .prt as 2d images ✔ Br mihahne
Best Reguards

Mihahne Smiley Very Happy

Using:
- NX 8.5.3 MP0
- TC 9.1
-Workstation HP Z620 with - Windows 7
- Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00 GHz (2 Processors)
- Ram 24 GB
- Quadro 4000 Nvidia

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That option only saves a thumbnail CGM embedded in the NX file.  To allow others without NX to view the drawing, you need to have a separate CGM file created either,

1) Manually via 'Export Drawing To Teamcenter' within NX, or

2) Via Dispatcher to allow on-demand (via Rich Client pulldown menu) and WF related (TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest handler),  NX to CGM translation requests to be sent to it.

3) Via WF Handler, RDV-generate-ugcgm-drawing, as part of a Workflow.

4) Customization

We used to use the TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest handler within WF, but now we use the inline RDV-generate-ugcgm-drawing handler in WF.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Pioneer
Pioneer

We only have the option in the save dialog in NX turned on, "save CGM Data".

and with the additional option in TC everbody in out company can view it with the standard "Viewer"

Maybe there are some other way or options for it, but this is all what we need, according to our IT service

Best Reguards

Mihahne Smiley Very Happy

Using:
- NX 8.5.3 MP0
- TC 9.1
-Workstation HP Z620 with - Windows 7
- Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00 GHz (2 Processors)
- Ram 24 GB
- Quadro 4000 Nvidia

Siemens Phenom

Searching the GTAC website for clues, I found Doc ID 001-1934570 that shows additional required configuration for the View NX 2D setting to work in the embedded viewer.

In Teamcenter, an additional value/line must be added to the preference defaultViewerConfig.VIEWERCONFIG :

UGPART.TCTwoDViewer=UGPART

Once I did that, I was able to view the embedded CGM file in the embedded viewer.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Siemens Phenom

Edit the Tc preference "defaultViewerConfig.VIEWERCONFIG".
Add the line: UGPART.TCTwoDViewer=UGPART

With the NX Save Option "Save Drawing CGM Data" enabled (which embeds CGM's in the prt file), the CGM's of the drawings will display in the Viewer tab.

To see the model geometry in the viewer when standing on the UGMASTER, add the following:

UGMASTER.DirectModelViewer=UGPART

Regards, Ben