Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Drawing CGM Data

Phenom
Phenom

Save Drawing CGM Data

Generates Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) data (.cgm) when you save a part file.

Hi, someone know which benefit does if this save options is set ?

Also, I'm looking for an option that save a snapshot in the drawing on each saving or in some situations.

Thank you...

Using NX 11 / RuleDesigner PDM

10 REPLIES

Re: Save Drawing CGM Data

Genius
Genius
As far as I know this Option toggles if NX should save a CGM into the PRT file.
You can open the PRT with a ZIP program like 7zip and there you could find the CGM. But As far as I know it only saves one CGM and not for every save operation.

Phenom
Phenom

@josch wrote:
As far as I know this Option toggles if NX should save a CGM into the PRT file.
You can open the PRT with a ZIP program like 7zip and there you could find the CGM. But As far as I know it only saves one CGM and not for every save operation.

I know that save CGM data in the PRT file Smiley Tongue, but I ask the utility to save CGM in the part.

Thank you...

Genius
Genius
where do you see the difference between PRT and part?

Phenom
Phenom

there is not difference between .prt file and part file, but in Italian language is a good rule to avoid to repeat the same word in the same phrase. I think also in English language, maybe British language.

Thank you...

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

For us setting this CGM option lets us use the teamcenter viewer to view the drawing.  We use teamcenter so that is why we have this option set.  Anyone in our company with teamcenter can toss this drawing dataset over to the viewer and view the drawing.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

In the drafting application, you will find the "create snapshot data" and "track changes" commands. Search the NX help on these terms to see if they offer the functionality that you are looking for.

Phenom
Phenom

@cowski1 wrote:

In the drafting application, you will find the "create snapshot data" and "track changes" commands. Search the NX help on these terms to see if they offer the functionality that you are looking for.

Hi cowski1,

what you refer I know, but I'm looking for an option that create a snapshot on each save, so when the drawing is released and a new revision is created, I can investigate on the differences.

Thank you...

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

When you create the CGM in the part file you can do a compare in the teamcenter viewer.  If you send A revision to teamcenter viewer and then send the B revision to the viewer you can over lay (Insert) these two prt files (CGM's)  Then you can do an overlay compare.  This is an overlay so if views move you are out of luck using this compare tool.

Now We have incorporated into our release process of a drawing to automatically make the snap shot that Cowski was mentioning in the track drawing changes.  It deletes the previous snapshot and creates a new one.

We have a program file that runs when we release a drawing that does a couple other things so we just incorported this snap shot with this drawing release.

Phenom
Phenom

@sdeters wrote:

When you create the CGM in the part file you can do a compare in the teamcenter viewer.  If you send A revision to teamcenter viewer and then send the B revision to the viewer you can over lay (Insert) these two prt files (CGM's)  Then you can do an overlay compare.  This is an overlay so if views move you are out of luck using this compare tool.

Now We have incorporated into our release process of a drawing to automatically make the snap shot that Cowski was mentioning in the track drawing changes.  It deletes the previous snapshot and creates a new one.

We have a program file that runs when we release a drawing that does a couple other things so we just incorported this snap shot with this drawing release.

hi sdeters,

it's possible to have this interesting code ?

Thank you...