Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save any body as mirror

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Can we save any component as mirror part?

19 REPLIES

Re: Save any body as mirror

Genius
Genius

Yes you can, using the mirror body function of your wave geometry linker.

1) load the part you want to mirror as a component in your new part

2) menu->insert->associative copy->wave geometry linker and choose mirror body and make sure the "make position indipendent" box is ticked

3) select the mirror plane

4) delete the original component from your structure tree

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks,

But i cant select the body . What i can do ?

Genius
Genius

Firstly, check if linking between parts is allowed in your customer defaults.

Secondly... Are you working with wave geometry linker or wave interface linker? These two linkers are different. If you are working with interfaces, then the features that are allowed to be linked must be pre-defined in the part before linking. Geometry linker however doesn't work if interfaces are defined.

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks,

how can i check in customer default.

Genius
Genius

File->Utilities->Customer Defaults --> Assemblies->General under Product Interfaces tab, check what your default setting is for Interpart Linking.

There are 3 types:

1) Allow any geometry - any geometry can be linked using geometry linker

2) Encourage interface - if no geometry was defined as product interface, then geometry linker may be used

3) Restrict to interface - interface linker must be used, geometry linker doesn't work

Genius
Genius

At the last option of the mirror component wizard you have options... what type of copy to make

Associative Mirror "linked" or Non-Associative Mirror "dumb solid" (if you just want a body copy use this one)

Also the option to re-use and reposition (adds another instance in your assy at the mirrored position)

If this button is not down you will get a new unique part with the word mirror_ in front of the name

.... Unless you change the re-name option in the earlier dialog prompt.

You can always press F1 for help on context when you start the mirror assembly wizard

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5}

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi ,

See i cant select the body , i checked the customer defaults. pls help me its urgent explain in video

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can also use Create a linked mirror part

Regards,
Ganesh

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks 

But i dont want any linked body . Just i mirrored the body and save as a seperate file. it is possible.?