Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save as New Revision

Creator
Creator

When doing a save as new revision is there a setting to have the displayed part change to the new revision?

For example:

I have part X revision 1, I do a save as new revision to go to part X revision 2. But it leaves the revision 1 displayed.

Thank you,

Nate

11 REPLIES

Re: Save as New Revision

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

What is been show in the title bar of NX?

Normally it shows there the new revesion number/letter when preforming a new revision

Ruud van den Brand
Pre-sales NX CAD
cards PLM Solutions

Creator
Creator
It shows the old revision.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Are you working in a Teamcenter environment? If so, what version of TC are you using? And are you creating the new revision from the NX menus or from the TC menus?

Creator
Creator
I am working in a teamcenter environment. Version 10.1 I believe. I am creating the new revision from the NX menus.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Are you getting an error message?  Are you positive it is the wrong revision?  Depending if you rename stuff in NX, the naming in the header is not the same as the part you think, you are looking at.  We have a lot of this confusion because we like to rename things and have a lot of old I-Deas Content Migration Manager parts.

I have also saw some issues when doing a save as, We get an error, then the part actually saves, but keeps the old revision.  

What does your log file say at the end, in the place where you are doing the save as.

Creator
Creator
the save as is completed. I can then search the part and see the new revision and open it.

I would just prefer to have it default open the new revision once it is saved.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor

Did this just start happening today?  Have you tried restarting NX?

AFAIK this is not something that is controlled with a preference (or customer default).  There are settings that warn you when a change in displayed part is about to occur, and I wonder if it's one of those thats being raised - i.e., one that you have to acknowledge, but where you may have checked the option "Do not display this message again", in which case nothing will happen.  Is anyone else in your office experiencing the same behavior?

Regards, Ben

Creator
Creator
This is an office wide situation.

yes I have restarted NX.

Siemens Honored Contributor Siemens Honored Contributor
Siemens Honored Contributor
Can you reproduce this with single piece part open in NX?
Was this a recent change in behavior?
Have your deep copy rules been edited?
Have you opened an Incident Report with GTAC?