Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save big JT assy as NX parts

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I have a big JT assembly with nearly 10000 jt´s and I need to convert them into NX parts in order to do some work.

The problem is that my workstation runs out of memory (I have 32 gb) and that NX (10) always want to extract the exact data which then results in a memory shortage.

I switched of the extract exact data option in the customer defaults but it seems NX still extracts the solids.

Does anybody have an idea how to prevent the extraction or another way to translate the files into NX?

Thanks.

Klaus

7 REPLIES

Re: Save big JT assy as NX parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you wish to convert the JT's into NX part files, what sort of data representation were you expecting if it wasn't a solid?

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Pioneer
Pioneer

The files should be in a good enough quality for a clash and clearance and an extraction path analysis.

We wanted to use NX10 since it has a new algorithm for the extraction path and is now much faster.

But it seems we have to use Vismockup.

I`m just kind of disappointed that NX cannot handle big JT assemblies properly.

Siemens Phenom

Did you try bringing them in as 'lightweight' faceted models?  They will work with the extraction path software.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Pioneer
Pioneer

Submitted content: I`m not quite sure what you mean with "bring them in".
I simply opened the JT assembly in NX and then Save (or at least tried to) the assembly to create part files.
Could you explain what you mean and how it can be done instead?

Siemens Phenom

Have you talked to anyone in GTAC about this?  Opening JT assemblies as an Assembly in NX is not always as easy as it should be.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Pioneer
Pioneer

It`s quite a big JT assembly but I will open a call and upload the assembly.

Hopefully there will be at least a final statement how NX really works with JT assemblies.

Pioneer
Pioneer

My incident report was converted into a serious problem report.

let´s see how this turns out...