Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save full assembly in new location

Creator
Creator

I searched around, but couldn't find anything with the key words i was using. And this seems like this would be a common problem... So, sorry if this is a repeat question.

In Catia, I am able to do a "Send to" that will copy my current assembly and everything linked to it, to a new file location of my choice. Is there a way to do this in NX9?

Example of needing this would be: There are multiple assembly files in the same folder that all share multiple gut files. When I send out a STEP or IGES for quoting, I also like to send out Native data. How can i quickly copy/separate all of the files linked to the open assembly, to a folder that I can zip up and send out for quotes?

Thanks!

-Rich

11 REPLIES

Re: Save full assembly in new location

Phenom
Phenom

Use Cloning process to a new folder location. Under the Tab Naming>Define Naming Rule>Add Suffix, just add a space (press the keybord’s Space bar) and then Execute.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Creator
Creator

Thank you for your quick response!

I just tried doing what you said, but nothing happens when i click on Execute... I tried selecting both Create Cloning Assembly and Edit Existing Assembly.

Phenom
Phenom

Check Dry Run and Execute. What do you see in the information window?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Creator
Creator

Nothing happens still... When i click on it, for a split second it looks like the blue spinning loading wheel. But it doesn't do anything... hmmmmm....

Phenom
Phenom

Did you select the Assembly? And specify the Output Directory?

Some screen shots would help to see your situation.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Creator
Creator

I have the assembly open when I choose the clone option. Do i still need to select an assembly, or should it output what i currently have open?

I've attached three screenshots. Hope they help.

Thank you for your help and time!!

Phenom
Phenom

Under Tab: Main click "Add Assembly" and select the assembly.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW

Creator
Creator

Is there a way to output the current assembly that is open?

Also, is it best to select create clone or edit existing?

Phenom
Phenom

To my knowledge cloning works only with saved files. So in “Add Assembly”, you have to point to the same assembly you have opened. If you have edited them after opening, then save it before cloning.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 11.0.2.7 + PDW