Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save the part in lower version

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I m using  Nx 11, if i save the part file  is saved as same version . But i want to save the part file  as 8.5 version.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Save the part in lower version

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @S7 ,

In general, part saved in particular version (e.g. NX11) can not be opened in lower version.

What is your purpose? Depending upon your requirement consider exporting part with parasolid, STEP etc neutral formats.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @S7 ,

As fas as I know,it is not possible to save part file to lower version. But you can export parasolid and open it in NX8.5.

File > Export > Version 25.0- NX8.5 > Ok

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amol

Pioneer
Pioneer
Actually, i am working in NX 8.5 , but file is in Nx 11.0 . i want to do some change in that features using 8.5 .

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello S7,

as Amol and Ganesh wrote: a featured-based transition of your part is not possible. Use export format (parasolid...) and modify with Sychnronous Tools.

regards Frank

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks,

HI,

There is any tool like sketch analyser , which helps to find where the curves,sketch are over lapped and gaps between them.

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

It would depend on what you're trying to do in the Sketch. For overlapping entities, you can use the Optimize 2D Curve tool. This will remove overlapping curves but it will also remove existing constraints for those entities. 

Finding gaps is a bit harder. I will usually attempt to extrude my profile and if there is a gap, I'll get a red asterisk at the endpoint where the gap exists. If the gap is smaller than your modeling tolerance, it may not pick it up. Sometimes picking tangent curves or connected curves will also show the gap. Extruding what you think is a closed loop section and ending up with a sheet body is another indication of a gap. 

The hardest object to find is a zero or near zero length line segment. As the line segment drops below some threshold, the endpoints are no longer displayed. You'll chase 2, 3, 4 constraints and not find any errors. In this case, I'll individually hide my sketch curves that I know are good, then rectangle select areas of my screen to see if it collects anyhing. If I still can't actually see the 1 object selected in my queue line, I know I'm chasing a zero length line. 

Technically speaking, a line with zero length should be a point. But the line could be really, really short. I created a line that is 0.00000237824 inches long. I can't see it but I can select it then Fit to Selection and see that yes indeed, there is a really short line here keeping my from fully constraining my sketch. 

If it were an actual point, you'd see the point as it doesn't scale with zoom level.